Saturday 3 January 2015

Girl Online: Review

Hey, today I am going to review  Zoe Sugg's (AKA Zoella) book called Girl Online this is the first book review I have done so I would love some feedback. I received this book for Christmas from my parents and I read it all in the same day, it was extremely enticing and I couldn't put it down.

 Penny (The main character in the story) is in year 11, she enjoys photography and she writes a secret blog which only her best friend Elliot knows about. This book shows how Penny copes with her anxiety, and meeting the boy of her dreams, it also covers subjects such as homosexuality and cyber bullying.

I think that this book covers these issues very well, as it educates the reader on all these different things which they may not know about, which may help them understand more. It also gives an insight into the life of someone who suffers with anxiety and it explains how we could maybe help someone who was having a panic attack.

I really enjoy the fact that through this book you can see a part of Zoe and you know that she had written it. I have watched Zoella on YouTube for around two years and this makes me extremely proud. However I would say the only downside is that it could be seen as childish and an unrealistic representation on teenage girls, especially by adults. But I think it is an excellent novel and worth the read as it is addicting and constantly making you want to find out what happens next. I can also empathise with Penny which makes this book extremely relatable to me and my life.

Have you read Girl Online?, what did you think of it? Leave a comment below.

Katie Hopkinson

2 comments :

  1. I've been meaning to pick up this book for a while now, but I wasn't sure if it was a fiction or autobiography! Great post btw :)
    Would you mind following back? I'm new to blogging!
    Look forward to future posts from you

    - KVL xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you are my first comment on this blog. I'm new to blogging totoons I'm glad you like my blog. I look forward to reading your posts <3

    ReplyDelete