Tuesday 26 May 2015

Stress 101

Hi, so this week the secret blogger project post is about how to prevent/cope with stress.

During this time many young people are stressed with exams and revision. I know this first hand because I am half way through my GCSE's, the strange thing is I have coped a lot better with all of this pressure than I thought I would be. I do still get stressed and i am sometimes close to having a break down, but I wanted to share all of my tips and tricks to deal with stress, whether ot be exam stress or something else entirely.


Make a To Do list
Sometimes this may stress you out even more, but I think that crossing of something on a To-Do list is such a pleasing thing to do. As you feel like you have accomplished what you need to, and also it means you are more focused on what you really have to do rather than what you could do.




Doing things you love.
I don't want to talk about this a lot as I have a post a few weeks ago talking about pick me- ups which are perfect for this time of year. You can find that HERE. I just think that  doing things that you love can take your mind off whatever is stressing you out, allowing you to relax.


Spend Time With Friends
Especially during exam time we seem to lose contact with our friends as much as we are constantly in and out of exams. Whether it be going to a friends to do revision with them, or like I did last week get a coffee in a free/ study period after an exam, it will help. After my English exam last week about 10 of my friends and I all went to Costa and we just sat and talked for like 2 hours. It such a relaxing thing to do, we also banned any conversation about exams which was really nice.


Remember you are Important
Although it is always good to think about others, During exam time you have to think yourself as the main priority because if you a worrying too much about others during exams sometimes you forget about yourself, which could stress you out even more. My Mam reminds me that sometimes I just need to think about myself and what is best for me, instead of thinking what is best for my friends. It is true, as sometimes when I worry about them I forget how important I am in all of this.


Take a Break
Whether you are revising, or doing something else entirely and you are getting stressed take a break. If you continue working whilst really stressed it will probably stress you out even more. Just sit down with a cup of tea (or whatever else you like to drink) and think about the problem you are facing logically. If you are really stressed you might not be able to think straight, which would not help in this sort of situation.

Remember That It's Not The End of the World
I know during exams we get really stressed but we need to realise that if we don't do as well as we want or we find an exam hard it doesn't mean we have failed. Our exam results don't define who we are as people. Although these exams are important as we decide what we are doing for the future, there are other options if your first plan doesn't work out. So  please do not stress about that too much. We cant do any better than our best, so if you give it your all you can not fail.

Thank you for reading, What are you stressed about at the minute? How are you dealing with it?

Until Next Time, Katie x



This post is part of a little blogger series I'm taking part in called the "secret blogger project 2015" run by teen bloggers Emily , Rebekka and Charlotte. About 30 of us will be writing twice a week on selected little lifestyle topics and you can also go onto the twitter and instagram hashtag "#secretbp2015" to have a little chat and view everyone's posts. If you would like to join or know more (we'd love to have you!)  Instagram dm @theperks0fbeingemily or if you don't have instagram, send a quick email to  rebekkarosebeautyxo@gmail.com! xxx

28 comments :

  1. These are such good tips Katie! I love it! Hope you're coping alright with the stress of exams!

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am just about. I hope you are too x

      Delete
  2. Wise words and good luck with the GCSE's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post on a important subject! I like to take 10 deep breaths when I'm stressed :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's a good tip, sometimes I think I need to do that xx

      Delete
  4. I loved the last point, it's true though, exam results don't define your worth! I also like to make to-do lists, they help me feel more organised and less stressed about what revision to do next.
    Dalal xo monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it's something we all seem to forget. Thank you Dalal xx

      Delete
  5. Loved the post Katie! These tips are actually helpful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing check lists or even doing a schedule and it helps me to be organised. But it also makes revision a lot better knowing that I have to do this and that ect. I also now come to realisation that exams are literally not the end of the world, I really loved the semi quote you put next to it

    Ambra xo fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like doing things like that kind of organize your kind. Thanks Ambra, it's something that we all seem to forget with all of the stress and pressure. Xx

      Delete
  7. This is amazing! Thank you so much for this post! One way that I like to combat stress is definitely by keeping active and distracting myself from whatever's stressing me out. Love your blog ( :

    https://withlovefromnicole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Nicole, I think distracting yourself is a really good idea. Xx

      Delete
  8. I think to do lists actually are my life saviour! It is so satisfying to tick off a task! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ah, it's the same when you cross off an exam that you have done xx

      Delete
  9. nice as always :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! x

    http://donnanne.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always like to have to do lists! Great post x

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree taking time out is key and it's great to be around friends and have a laugh your blog is really lovely
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this so much!!! Such great ideas and tips and just a generally really helpful and sweet post gurlie!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete